Director of Welcome
Oakview Insurance Services, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a part-time or full-time Director of Welcome. We are a fast-growing agency in Yuba City, CA that prides itself on providing an outstanding customer experience. We are also active in our community and look for ways to pay forward our success.
The mission of the Director of Welcome:
To serve the customer base so extraordinarily that clients tell their friends and family about our agency. By using rapport building and excellent communication skills, this role will work to solve client’s problems effectively and efficiently. This includes being the first line of defense on service items and only passing the ones that require a licensed agent. This is an entry-level position that can lead to becoming an associate account manager (once licensed).
Include but are not limited to the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change:
- Be first in line to answer the phone and welcome clients into the office
- Take Payments
- Handle basic billing questions
- Notify clients of late payments
- Input quotes into our rating system
- Clearly and effectively communicate to the clients to manage expectations both via the phone and email.
- Send and follow up on applications until they are signed and received
- Verify discount and other documentation has been received.
- Run agency reports
- Proactively work with account managers to take on non-licensed tasks.
- Perform additional functions at the direction of agency management
- Participate in agency events and community service a few times a year
Who You Need to Be:
- Friendly and outgoing, with a genuine desire to help people.
- Technology should be your friend! We operate a paperless office and look for ways to offer employees and clients tech-friendly solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- You are ready to be a team player and know you may need to help in areas other than your assigned position.
- You are patient, kind, trustworthy, ethical, and honest
- You can analyze a situation, identify issues and solve them with minimum input from others.
- Able to meet deadlines without supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proper spelling and grammar.
- Have a desire to help those in their community through volunteer work
$15-$16 an hour plus team bonuses. Also includes PTO, paid holidays, and a 401(K) match of pay.
No previous insurance experience is required. Previous admin experience is a plus.
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, explaining why you feel you are a good fit for this position and your resume. Please include your current employer (we will not contact them without your permission). Send the email with “Director of Welcome” in the subject line