Medicare Supplement

Yuba City, California Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans

Oakview Insurance Services, Inc. is pleased to announce we are now offering Medicare Supplement Insurance, also referred to as Med-Sups, or Medigap Insurance. With so many inquiries from our valued clients, we decided this was a coverage area we had to offer. So, if you’re looking for a 2019 Medicare Supplement Plan call our office today at (530)-674-5054 to get started.

As you are aware, basic Medicare (the Red, White and Blue card) does not cover all of your out-of-pocket expenses. In fact, Medicare only covers at best 80% of your expenses; you are responsible for the other 20%. Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) are designed to help bridge the cost deficits with your Part A (Hospital) and your part B (Doctor) deductible.

There is a common misconception in that Medicare Supplement Insurance plans differ by company which is simply not true. A “Plan F” offered through AARP is exactly the same as a “Plan F” with Mutual of Omaha or any company that offers Medicare Supplements. The only difference is your monthly premium (price).

The best time to check into Medicare Supplements (Medigap) is before you are eligible for Medicare. So if you’re turning 65 or need to have your Medicare Supplement reviewed, please give our office a call and our life and supplement agent Dave Sturm can walk you through the process.

Medicare Supplemental Plans can help cover things like deductibles, co-payments, and coinsurance. This is why many choose Medicare Supplements, and we are happy to assist you in the process coverage. Things not covered include: long-term care, vision, or dental care, hearing aids, eyeglasses or private duty nursing.

Yuba City, California Medicare Supplement Plans

What you need to know:

  • Medicare Part A and Part B were put in place to assist retirees with their California Health Insurance needs.
  • In order to be eligible for Medigap insurance you must have Medicare parts A and B
  • Medigap Insurance only covers one person. Therefore, a husband and wife would need to obtain 2 separate policies.
  • If sign up for Medicare Part B, was always recommend adding a supplement in the first 6 month that will help you protect against pre-existing condition denials.
    • Reasoning: During this time the Medigap program must accept you and any preexisting conditions, known as “guaranteed issue rights.” Examples of pre-existing conditions could be heart disease, diabetes, or cancer. So as long as you keep paying your premium from day 1 the insurance company cannot cancel your policy. If you wait to get a policy after 6 months you could be turned down impart to those before mentioned pre-existing conditions.
  • The California Medicare Supplemental Health Insurance Program has a wide range of plans designated by letters A-N:
    • Basic Medicare is comprised of parts A and B (covering basic doctor and hospital services)
    • Medicare Part C is Medicare Advantage (this combines part A and part B, and offers a few extra perks)
    • Medicare Part D is Prescription Drug Coverage (and only offered through private insurance companies).
  • Certain plans offer the ability to see a specific doctor or health system. Others offer the ability to see a specialist without a referral.
  • Coverage is in most cases portable, when you travel state to state.

Our agents at Oakview Insurance Services, Inc. are committed to searching for the best rates and coverage that meet your needs.

So if you’re looking for a Medicare Supplement call our office today to get started (530)-674-5054.

To get started on your quote, call our office today.

We’ll make the process simple!

Call Email Claims Payments
×

Are you getting the best deal on your insurance?

Quote Form

  • Drop files here or